Looking for a career at Thompson Fire & Emergency Services?
There are two different types of employees with TFES, Career and Auxiliary.
Career members have an assigned platoon and report regularly for an assigned shift. They are dual trained as firefighters and paramedics.
Auxiliary members are firefighters only, but are trained to the first responder level. They will report for work only during training and General Alarms; a situation that requires more manpower than career members can provide. Auxiliary members perform all their duties above and beyond their jobs in the community.
- Firefighter Level 1 (NFPA 1001)
- Licensed Technician – Paramedic (PCP certification preferred) with the Province of Manitoba Health at the time of application or ability to achieve licensing prior to start date.
- Valid Class 4 Manitoba driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
- Proven ability to make decisions, initiate appropriate action, and perform safely and effectively in stressful, demanding, and hazardous situations with also the ability to deal and communicate effectively with the general public.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to a team oriented approach.
- Excellent physical health, mentally able to fulfill the Fire/Medic duties. Applicants must be able to pass a medical examination, including vision, meeting department standards.
- Proof of Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Records check and current immunization record.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to the foregoing, hold:
- Field experience in EMS and firefighting
- Current ACLS, NRP, BTLS and proven EMS skill progression and performance
- Firefighter Level II (NFPA 1001)
- Fire Inspector I & II (NFPA 1031)